Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shakespeare and Starfleet.

For my inaugural blog post I'd like to point out the main reason I like working at the library. Simply, the completely absurd and surreal things you can find just by looking through any random part of stack. My favourite is of course the complete Klingon translation of Hamlet, within the Mitchell collection.

Published by the Klingon Language Institute, the book restores the original Klingon version of Hamlet, as written by Wil'Yam Shex'Pir. I have no idea why the library has this, as it isn't even published in Australia, yet I think it is an item that should be treasured simply because it highlights the lengths some people will go to for their passions. Even newer items can be obscure.

1 comment:

slnsw_learning_2.0 said...

It really is a wonderful world when something written in Klingon can find a home on our shelves!

Mylee (PLS)
ps. live long and prosper